Color tab dropdown

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday 10 February 2018

Quick Start with Remote PC Connections


Remote connections

In this text I will try to list all problems and solutions and precautions related to remote desktop connection usage.
Beside the fact that I have migrated from Serbia to Australia in 2015 I didn't really want to abandon my home computer in Serbia.

Actually I attached two web cameras to this computer. Skype is set to automatically accepts video calls, so I remote video easily.

Here I would list tasks to do for long lasting remote connection.

I. BIOS

Halt on: NO ERRORS
Remote connections is highest priority.

WakeOnLan: Enable  - main step in making it independent from having to ask other people to turn on your computer.

AC Power Back: Power
If your computer stay out of power for whatever time, it won't be able to wake on lan as it could before power interuption.
Set this option in BIOS to POWER so your computer starts up immidaetaly when power is back.

SaveOnExit


II.

Install TeamViewer
Working with TW

Enable Remote Desktop
Enable Telnet Server feature
Install SSH server and client software

Set remote computer's IP address to static value
Set correctly DNS IP address
Check regulary Event viewer


III. Set router



IV. TROUBLESHOOTING

How to find r.c. IP address with Skype
How to connect to TW client if you know IP address but no TW ID



No comments:

Post a Comment